This is a Community Event posted for the benefit of Members - it is not a scheduled Chamber Event.
Join us on Saturday, November 11, for the Veterans Day Salute & Parade, honoring all who have served in the armed forces.
At 11 a.m., the event will kick-off with a parade starting at 14th Street and Mt Vernon Avenue. The parade will make its way south on Mt Vernon and end at La Plaza Park. This year's Parade Grand Marshall will be SBPD Lt. Rich Lawhead who served in the Marines. Lt. Lawhead was nominated for his extensive community outreach throughout his career with the San Bernardino Police Department.
Following the parade, a ceremony will be held at La Plaza Park. This year's honorees will be:
- Ceremony honoree - Mr. Billy Mitchell retired USAF. Mr. Mitchell is a longtime local and serves on the board of the Norton Air Force Base Museum.
- Special recognition - a tree will be planted in honor of SB resident, Daniel Gordillo (Navy). Mr. Gordillo was a lifeguard in the San Bernardino Parks & Recreation department who passed away a few months ago at the age of 22.
The ceremony will include a 21 Gun Salute & Taps by VFW 6467 Honor Guard and a parade of Veterans, where Veterans in the audience may walk to the podium and state their name and branch of service.
In addition to the parade and salute/ceremony, Veterans can take advantage of the resource fair at La Plaza Park. Resource providers will include:
- Law Office of Public Defenders
- Asian American Resource Center
- Christina’s Angels
- United States Veterans Initiative
- Sunny’s Medical Supplies
- Sons of the Civil War
- American Red Cross
- CSUSB Veterans Success Center
- Option House
- Veterans Affairs
- 4 Paws 4 Patriots
We hope to see all our veterans there! For those non-veterans, come by and say thank you to those who have served. For more information, contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 909-384-5233.